Trade Marks Attorney
Kate has practised in the field of trade mark law for over 20 years. Her journey spans the globe and has seen her provide pragmatic commercial advice to many businesses operating across a vast array of sectors.
A Hobart local through and through, Kate graduated from law at the University of Tasmania and enrolled as a Barrister and Solicitor in Tasmania. Her trade mark journey began at one of Ireland’s leading Patent and Trade Mark Attorney firms where she had the fortune of working with a Senior Partner who generously shared his knowledge and access to the most extensive portfolio of trade mark matters, including the Irish and European portfolios of many of the world’s biggest brands.
Following Kate’s return to Tasmania in 2010, she registered as an Australian Trade Marks Attorney and set up her own firm which, after nearly 11 years, merged with Cooper IP in 2022.
Kate loves learning about exciting local businesses in Tasmania and helping them protect their trade marks in Australia and abroad as they expand around the world.
In her other ‘job’, Kate is a busy mother of three girls ranging from 8 to 16 years of age. If there is any time left, Kate can be found braving multiday hikes, at the gym, or volunteering as the Director and Secretary of Kennerley Children’s Home Inc.
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Qualified European Trade Marks Attorney (2006)
- Qualified Irish Trade Marks Attorney (2005)
- Graduate Certificate of Trade Mark Law and Practice (Aus)
- Admission to the Supreme Court of Tasmania (2000)
- Graduate Certificate of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Commerce and Laws
- Kennerley Children’s Home – Director and Secretary
- The Intellectual Property Society of Australian and New Zealand (IPSANZ)